Resources & News
Most Popular “Evergreen” Resources
- Top Reasons to Buy Local (with footnotes and linked sources).
- Understanding the Local Multiplier Effect This is a key piece of public education campaigns, but inaccurate information is widespread. Get the facts!
- The Benefits of Doing Business Locally A great introduction to why doing business locally is so beneficial to community vitality. Contact us for customizable edits at various lengths.
- Building Buy Local Campaigns that Shift Culture and Spending. This 12 page magazine is free upon request (pdf in English or Spanish) or get a free printed copy with any order of “go local” merchandise.
- The Myth of the Franchise Advantage
- Seven Ways Businesses and Communities Can Counter “Showrooming”
- Why Use Spanish (and Other Languages) Marketing Materials?
- Partnering with Community Banks and Credit Unions to Boost Local Business
- Studies on the Economic Impact of Local Independent Business and Big Box Development
- For a more comprehensive library, see this page from the Institute for Local Self-Reliance.
Links and Resources
This library, created to supplement “Building Buy Local Campaigns that Shift Culture and Spending,” also serves as useful introduction to many relevant studies, publications and organizations.
- See our extensive library of articles at All About Amazon
- Best Sources on State Sales Tax and Reform of Internet Exemption
- Amazon’s Physical Presence (Nexus) in the U.S. and the Sales Tax Battle
- AMIBA’s Legislative Platform to Strengthen Independent Business
- Granting Corporations Bill of Rights Protections Is Not “Pro-Business”