Public Education & Media
You will find on this page:
Tips and Advice:
Resources from AMIBA:
- AMIBA’s “Why Buy Local?” Poster Series (click hyperlink above to view images)
We have provided the original designs for our affiliates to co-brand for local use by adding your own IBA logo. Please note: AMIBA’s logo and contact information must remain in the design.
- “Keep the Green in the Valley” — two versions
Produced by the Blackstone Valley IBA – View PDF files here: Poster 1 | Poster 2
- Portland Buy Local series
The Portland Independent Business & Community Alliance owes much of their effectiveness to their visibility. This growing series of posters illustrate the local possibilities for finding needs for events and everyday life. (Click images for larger view [pdf will launch in new window])
Dane Buy Local created this useful and educational infographic (printed on card stock) explaining the mission of the organization, the benefits of doing business locally and data showing the contribution of independent businesses to the community. Dane recruiters hand this out when recruiting new members at networking events, to citizens at tabling events and to potential funders and partners. Click on image to view larger version.
Educational Radio Ads
See our tips for creating and submitting radio public service announcements (PSAs)
The Summit IBA created public service announcement-like educational radio spots that were underwritten by member businesses for an Independents Week promotion. This is an idea that could be employed anytime! Click for details
AMIBA has created some PSAs you can distribute in your community — take a listen here!
- AMIBA can provide you with a PowerPoint slide presentation with speaker’s notes for local adaptation and use — call us for the latest.
- Read our recommendations for creating effective and memorable slide shows. We also recommend this free pamphlet (pdf – content starts on page 10) by the Goodman Center.
- Want more? You might find items of special interest within this list of presentation resources compiled by Prezi.
- We suggest having an AMIBA speaker provide a presentation in your community at least once and then take the message to many groups yourself. Details here
- Watch a video recording a presentation by Jeff Milchen for Local First Springfield. Password = “thinklocal1st”
- Effective publicity and outreach will help ensure you have the people you want in the room — and that your event has the best possible chance to succeed. See your page of pointers and templates to help!
AMIBA Outreach Materials – Affiliate Rates
- See reorder information for decals, posters and more: Affiliate Rates
AMIBA Logos & Webstickers
- Click here for download page