Individual Business Membership
We’re happy to help individual businesses spread the pro-independent message and offer two membership levels. While non-profit businesses also may join, note that these individual memberships do not convey the extensive benefits of organizational affiliation, which you’ll want if you aim to start a local business coalition in your community. In addition to receiving the benefits noted below, you’ll be helping us create a stronger voice for independent businesses nationwide! (More about AMIBA.) AMIBA membership is open to independent businesses (including co-ops, worker-owned and community-owned), community-based non-profit organizations and individuals. For other businesses, please see sponsorship opportunities.
Standard Membership — $95 annually
- One money stamp of your choice.
- Up to ten print copies of our primer, “Building Buy Local Campaigns that Shift Culture and Spending” (available in English or Spanish).
12 items of your choice from among the following:
- “Why Buy Local?” posters (or ask about getting a template customized with your name, logo & url for local production).
- “Come in We’re Local” decals.
- “Put Your Money Where Your House Is” bumper stickers.
- “Love Local ” bumper stickers or window clings (No watermark appears on actual stickers or decals).
- “We Welcome Everybody” window clings
- Assistance customizing any AMIBA articles for local placement (for example).
- Ability to use AMIBA member web badges online or on your printed materials.
- Text listing with link on the Independent Business Champions page.
- Free customization of one AMIBA-produced ad or graphics with your name/logo/url.
Note: the entire amount of your business membership can be applied toward affiliation for a local organization if your outreach attracts other interested people.
Premium Membership — $500
You will receive the benefits listed in the Basic Membership, plus:
- Up to 100 units of the items offered with the Basic Membership upon request.
- Access to AMIBA staff with extensive publishing and media experience to help develop customized op-eds relating to the benefits of going local or make appearances in your local media.
- Why Buy Local? bag stuffer (eight different answers to the question on back), customized with your business name, logo and website. We also can provide a Spanish template or statement-stuffer size.
- Priority consideration for media referrals.
- $300 credit toward either AMIBA organizational affiliation for your community organization or a community presentation/training to spark local action.
- License to use trademarked slogans “Come In, We’re Local,” “Put Your Money Where Your House Is” and “You’re Not A Clone, Why Shop At One?” (in your business’ materials only).
- Free customization of any AMIBA-produced graphics/ads, (we also have other seasonal libraries). We’ll translate any ad to Spanish upon request.
- Listing with your logo and website link on the Independent Business Champions page.
- “Why Buy Local?” poster template customized with your logo and desired information in lower left (for local printing).
- Free phone consultation to assist with your public education efforts or to help advance pro-local policy initiatives.
Look local: Please see if you have a local Independent Business Alliance serving your area and join it! If you serve primarily a local customer base, they will provide more direct benefit than AMIBA. If you’re with a business that may not fit the “business member” criteria, but supports our mission and does not compete with independent community-based businesses, please contact us to learn about sponsorship opportunities.
(This will direct you to our online application, followed by checkout via credit card)
If You Prefer to Pay by Check:
Print this form and send a check with your application by mail to the address noted on the form.
Would you like to suggest a member benefit? Tell us! Email or call us at 406-582-1255 — also for questions or to inquire about sponsorship opportunities.