Individual Business Membership
We’re happy to help individual businesses spread the pro-independent message and offer two membership levels. While non-profit businesses also may join, note that these individual memberships do not convey the extensive benefits of organizational affiliation, which you’ll want if you aim to start a local business coalition in your community. In addition to receiving the benefits noted below, you’ll be helping us create a stronger voice for independent businesses nationwide! (More about AMIBA.) AMIBA membership is open to independent businesses (including co-ops, worker-owned and community-owned), community-based non-profit organizations and individuals. For other businesses, please see sponsorship opportunities.
Standard Membership — $95 annually
- One money stamp of your choice.
- Up to ten print copies of our primer, “Building Buy Local Campaigns that Shift Culture and Spending” (available in English or Spanish).
12 items of your choice from among the following:
- “Why Buy Local?” posters (or ask about getting a template customized with your name, logo & url for local production).
- “Come in We’re Local” decals.
- “Put Your Money Where Your House Is” bumper stickers.
- “Love Local ” bumper stickers or window clings (No watermark appears on actual stickers or decals).
- “We Welcome Everybody” window clings
- Assistance customizing any AMIBA articles for local placement (for example).
- Ability to use AMIBA member web badges online or on your printed materials.
- Text listing with link on the Independent Business Champions page.
- Free customization of one AMIBA-produced ad or graphics with your name/logo/url.
Note: the entire amount of your business membership can be applied toward affiliation for a local organization if your outreach attracts other interested people.
Premium Membership — $500
You will receive the benefits listed in the Basic Membership, plus:
- Up to 100 units of the items offered with the Basic Membership upon request.
- Access to AMIBA staff with extensive publishing and media experience to help develop customized op-eds relating to the benefits of going local or make appearances in your local media.
- Why Buy Local? bag stuffer (eight different answers to the question on back), customized with your business name, logo and website. We also can provide a Spanish template or statement-stuffer size.
- Priority consideration for media referrals.
- $300 credit toward either AMIBA organizational affiliation for your community organization or a community presentation/training to spark local action.
- License to use trademarked slogans “Come In, We’re Local,” “Put Your Money Where Your House Is” and “You’re Not A Clone, Why Shop At One?” (in your business’ materials only).
- Free customization of any AMIBA-produced graphics/ads, (we also have other seasonal libraries). We’ll translate any ad to Spanish upon request.
- Listing with your logo and website link on the Independent Business Champions page.
- “Why Buy Local?” poster template customized with your logo and desired information in lower left (for local printing).
- Free phone consultation to assist with your public education efforts or to help advance pro-local policy initiatives.
Look local: Please see if you have a local Independent Business Alliance serving your area and join it! If you serve primarily a local customer base, they will provide more direct benefit than AMIBA. If you’re with a business that may not fit the “business member” criteria, but supports our mission and does not compete with independent community-based businesses, please contact us to learn about sponsorship opportunities.
Become a MemberThis will direct you to our online application, followed by checkout via credit card