Affiliation Benefits and Cost for Local Organizations
AMIBA is a non-profit alliance of, by and for the local organizations and independent trade groups that comprise our membership. Our team is available when you need us to develop or improve upon a wide range of pro-local business initiatives that can yield direct benefit for your members and community. You gain access to a huge library of templates, how-tos, connections and unrivaled experience to answer your questions and help you succeed (and save a lot of money and time).
Services & Online Resources
- Huge member resource library with guidance on board development, membership recruitment/retention, examples of campaigns, events, fundraising appeals, recruitment brochures, materials and best practices/lessons learned from local alliances.
- Personal assistance with operations, media relations, editing, policy, member education, website development and more. This includes professional review for your recruitment materials, press releases, op-eds and other items.
- (for U.S. organizations) Access to 501c6 Group Exemption Program. This opt-in program will give your group federal tax-exempt status and save $800 or more on IRS fees over filing directly. (Contact us to learn more)
- Assistance with choosing and initiating a database, email marketing, surveying services and website. We’ll help you choose the providers and platforms best suited to your circumstances and offer guidance on best practices for local groups. We provide a robust menu of templates for many key activities.
- Network with other IBA leaders to learn new ideas, best practices and tap collaborative opportunities (both remotely and in-person).
- Presentations with visuals, talking points and guidance to adapt for presenting in your community.
- $500 off in-person presentations and workshops to help your organization launch its work or boost your impact.
- Added credibility that accompanies being associated with the pioneer organization and many successful local groups.
- Ability to obtain tax-deductible contributions and grants for your public education work through our fiscal sponsorship program (U.S.) We also provide examples of successful grant applications.
- Organizer’s guide and checklist with extensive information and how-tos to help you get started effectively and avoid time-consuming errors. For new groups, we provide templates for articles of incorporation, bylaws and much more.
- Discounted registration for major conferences of interest to local business advocates.
- Integrated database and website system (provided by The DataBank) at a discount. Designed from the ground up with local business coalitions in mind, these tools will save countless hours on member management, creating online directories, newsletters and more while providing a website template offering key functions.
Membership dues covers your entire organization (there is no per-business cost). It includes start-up materials and templates, licensing and development.
Areas with fewer than 10,000 residents may be eligible for sponsored affiliation. Please inquire. Affiliation dues are on a sliding scale.
Less than $50,000 in Annual Revenue: $300/Annually | $25/Month
More then $50,000 in Annual Revenue: $600/Annually | $50/Month
$1,000/Annually | $80/Month
In just a few months our affiliation paid for itself. AMIBA staff helped us gain tax-exempt status, became our fiscal sponsor, provided practical guidance on revenue diversification, and more. AMIBA affiliation is a great investment.
- “Come In” Window decals. These big (5 x 8) attention-grabbing decals help you start making a strong impression right out of the gate.
- Why Buy Local? posters (40) or a customized file with your name and logo to print locally (Spanish design files also available).
- Put Your Money Where Your House Is bumper stickers.
- Spanish decals for businesses saying “Thank you for choosing our independent local business…”
- Printed copies of Building Buy Local Campaigns that Shift Culture and Spending for every board member, staff member and volunteer (up to 25).
- Money stamps to deliver the pro-local message on paper currency and checks.
- Professionally-designed ads and graphics. We’ll customize almost any of the 120+ ads and graphics in our member libraries for you (with your name, logo, url…) or provide files to your local designer.
- “Love Local” Stickers/decals. Local residents can spread the pro-local message, too. These decals are available in both adhesive and static cling. They can be given away or sold to fund your work (no watermark on actual decals).
- “We Welcome Everybody” decals (no quantity limit)
Contact us to learn more (no obligation implied)
New affiliates may choose up to 350 of the decals and stickers above in any combination. Resupplies for your members are free and quantities for resale are offered at our cost
Affiliation typically saves organizations $10,000 or more in development costs (and a whole lot of stress). We continuously collect the best of new materials and programs to enable others to learn from or replicate them.
If you have immediate questions, please call us at 406-582-1255 or send us a note. We’ll gladly provide contacts from communities or groups in situations most like yours to get their impressions. If you’d like print copies of affiliation benefits and cost to send your board members, click below.
Download this page as a print-friendly PDF!
Dear Mr/Ms. <Name>,
<Your Region> is taking the next steps towards local and sustainable development and you have the opportunity to be on the forefront of helping local communities grow and prosper. Local businesses are creating jobs, restoring our economy, and ensuring economic opportunity for all. Like <Bank Name> , <Your IBA> , a <City/Area>-based non-profit organization, is a regional leader in this development, and we hope to partner with you to ensure our communities continue to prosper.
<Your IBA> has delivered breakthrough programs and events including (List major accomplishments this year):
- Our XYZ campaign…
- <Your IBA> continues to be a force in local and regional media, with our expertise in local economies cited regularly in dozens of media outlets.
- <Your IBA> membership eclipsed <total #> this year, including XXX locally owned and independent businesses, and over XXX community members.
<Your IBA> has had a positive, demonstrable impact locally and regionally, but we need your help to continue strengthening local economies in these critical times. We are excited to present our programming to you and are confident a funding partnership will be mutually beneficial. There are several levels to this giving opportunity and we appreciate your support. We will recognize your gift on our website and in our social media channels, as well as at our events throughout the year. Here is an example of the impact your donation will have on <Your IBA> and our community (insert your own wishlist items):
- $500 will cover the marketing costs for our major annual event.
- $750 will fund the purchase of new IT equipment that is sorely needed to continue expanding our programs.
- $1,200 will cover the rental cost of our office for one calendar year.
- $2,500 will pay for 1 month of our Executive Director’s salary (our only paid staff person)
- $5,000 will cover the entire cost of our non-staff and program expenses for one calendar year.
<Your IBA> serves local businesses and builds our area’s economy, an essential need in this economic climate. Your support will help <Your IBA> continue to ensure <Our Community> nurtures our independent businesses that create good local jobs, create a vibrant and unique place, and so much more. Thank you for partnering with us and our vibrant network of local businesses and community leaders. Best wishes for a prosperous <2013>.
<EMAIL> – <PHONE>
Gifts may be sent to :