Go Local for Valentine’s Day!
About 60% of people in North America make Valentine’s Day purchases each year, totaling about $19 billion. In most communities, great gifts are available from independent restaurants, florists, galleries, jewelers and other local businesses — most of which compete directly against chains and online giants. This makes the preceding weeks a great time to convey the value of “going local” as shifting even a small percentage of that spending to local independents can yield a big boost for your community.
We invite you to use these materials unaltered to help spread the pro-local message Contact us for source files that you can re-size or/and adapt with your name and logo. Co-branded ads are free for affiliates and business members* (learn more about affiliation) and are offered at nominal cost to others. Please link images to https://amiba.net if you place one on a website.
To download larger image, right-click on image to “save as.” Contact us for a customizable file.
Also optimized for your Twitter feed!
To download small image, right-click on image to “save as” or Download large .png file. Please link online image to https://amiba.net Note: this is a variation on our popular “Come In We’re Local” static cling window decals.
Templates are ready to print and cut on standard 8.5″x11″ stock at your local print shop.
Have an ad idea of your own (not limited to Valentine’s day)? Tell us! If we use the idea we’ll provide a free customized version and recognition for you. Engage in one or more of our social media outlets (below) to learn of new materials as they’re posted. Remember: shifting more spending to local independent businesses requires year-round education and visibility. Get our guide to effective buy local campaigns to learn key principles — it’s free upon request!
* Free co-branding means inserting any or all of your: name, logo, tagline and website into an existing ad. Regular business members are entitled to one branded ad. Premium business members and affiliated organizations are entitled to free co-branded ads or (one) customized to your requested dimensions or wording adaptation (others please inquire).
Articles Of Related Interest
- Consider reasons to look local first for jewelry purchases
- Buying Flowers? Don’t Get Duped!
- See our collection of many non-material gift ideas: Great Gifts Don’t Have to Be “Stuff”
- Find a real local florist where your recipient lives via the national florist directory.
- Valentine’s Day floral statistics
- Stay Local! (AMIBA affiliate in New Orleans) created this guide to finding local Valentine’s Day gifts that any pro-local business group could emulate.
Our Valentine’s Day collection is just one of many collections of free ads and graphics you may use to spread the pro-local/independent message to your audience. See more galleries of “Local First” graphics.
Tags: free graphics