Social media sites present valuable outlets for promoting your Independents Week activities. Here are a few templates you might adapt to save time over creating all yours from scratch. Please tag us and use hashtag #IndieWeek to increase visibility and buzz around the event!
Sample Facebook Posts (hashtag #IndieWeek)
Note: if you’re organizing local events, we suggest you place the emphasis on your community and craft your own posts.
- Independents Week (July 1-7) celebrates the spirit of entrepreneurism and community and encourage people to choose local small businesses for their shopping, dining and services.
The @American Independent Business Alliance facilitates this event with many examples of local activities and huge menu of customizable web banners, posters, print ads and other graphics — all free to use and share! Check them out! http://bit.ly/10AzLBM
- (Connected to an Indie Week quote image) Here’s one example of the many free graphics you can use or adapt to celebrate Independents Week — an annual event to promote the value of entrepreneurism and community-based businesses. See the full menu of posters, Facebook banners, and other graphics here: http://bit.ly/17FfP4W and share freely!
- Make sure to go check out the live music at [Indie Record Store name] in honor of Independents Week this [day of the week](make sure to link to event page here for more information)
- [Photo of independent business with indie week decorations] Name this business! Leave a comment with the correct answer and your name will be put in a drawing for a free $10 gift card!
- Barbeque-fixins, lemonade, fireworks… go local for all of your 4th of July needs… celebrate Independents Week and the local independent businesses that make our community special!
- Our favorite thing about Independents Week is the community engagement and, of course, the potato salad! What do you appreciate most? See what #IndieWeek is all about: http://bit.ly/10AzLBM
Sample Twitter Posts (please tag all with hashtag #IndieWeek)
- We are excited to be participating in #IndieWeek. Celebrate your Independents! http://ow.ly/lHN8l Please spread the word.
- Whether you’re at home or away for #IndieWeek, please choose local & independent businesses! http://ow.ly/lHN8l
- Pro-Local organizations like ours across the nation are uniting to promote #IndieWeek. Please share the message! http://ow.ly/lHN8l
- Tweet your favorite thing about #IndieWeek and tag with #indieweekfave to get entered to win a free dinner at [local indie restaurant]
- #IndieWeek is upon us! Check out community events here [link to events]. Please RT
With 90 million monthly active users, 100 registered users, 40 million photos per day, 8,500 likes and 1,000 comments per second… it’s clear that Instagram can be a great way to engage an online community. Encourage your community members and local businesses to share their Independents Week photos on Instagram with the #IndieWeek hashtag!