AMIBA is a 501c3 nonprofit educational organization helping communities launch and successfully develop and sustain initiatives to support local entrepreneurs and build vibrant and durable local economies. We are unable to offer stipends for beginning interns unless specified for a particular position, but academic credit usually can be arranged with your college or university. A housing stipend may be possible for commitments of 20+ hours/week. Positions are at AMIBA’s Bozeman, MT headquarters unless otherwise noted.
AMIBA seeks a writing intern whose primary focus will be researching and writing original profiles of pro-local organizations, commentaries and letters-to-the-editor. AMIBA staff have extensive writing and editing experience and have published articles in many leading newspapers and magazines. A dedicated intern can expect to gain notable bylines. Some experience in reporting or other concise, active writing is a plus. A stipend and performance-based rewards are possible, based partly on experience and time commitment. This position is open to applicants in any location.
- All internships require a minimum commitment of 3 months at 10 or more hours per week (nine weeks of 15+ hours for summer internships).
Please send a cover letter, resume and 3 writing samples (non-academic samples preferred). Include samples either in body of email or link to published articles. Submit to [email protected][dot]net For students, the recommendation of an instructor is helpful.
Marketing and Public Relations Intern
- Help advance merchandising strategy
- Media research, distribution and outreach
- Composing and distributing press releases
- Develop articles for AMIBA and commercial publication
- Reach out to potential customers and clients
- Coursework or work experience in marketing, advertising, journalism or communications
- Self-direction, motivation and willingness to learn and be part of a team
- Recommendation of instructor desirable for students
- All internships require a minimum commitment of at least 10 per week for 14 weeks or 15+ hours weekly for shorter summer internships).
Working remotely internship may be possible for the right candidate. To apply, email cover letter and resume
AMIBA Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
AMIBA seeks diverse staff, interns and volunteers who bring to the organization a richness of life experiences. We encourage applicants of any race, ethnicity, age, physical ability, gender and gender identity, religion, sexual preference, marital status, parenthood status, amnesty, or veteran status.
Any personnel harassment based on, but not limited to, the above characteristics is expressly prohibited. AMIBA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment. This policy applies to all employment terms and conditions, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.