Individual Business Membership
We’re happy to help individual businesses spread the pro-independent message and now offer two levels of affiliation. While non-profit businesses also may join, note that these individual memberships do not convey the extensive benefits of organizational affiliation, the status you'll want for a multi-business alliance.
Basic Level -- $95 annually (we will resupply you with any items requested in subsequent years):
- Up to six copies of our just-published booklet, "Building Buy Local Campaigns that Shift Culture and Spending."
- Six "Thank you for choosing our Independent Local Business" decals in any combination of English and Spanish versions.
- One set of all five "Why Buy Local?" posters.
- Six "Put Your Money Where Your House Is" bumper stickers.
- Assistance customizing any AMIBA op-eds and articles for local placement.
- Ability to use AMIBA affiliate web badges online or on your printed materials.
- Text listing with link on the Independent Business Champions page.
- Free customization of one AMIBA-produced ad.
Note: the entire amount of your business membership can be applied toward affiliation for a local organization if your outreach attracts other interested people.
Premium Level --$500
You will receive the benefits and marials noted above, plus:
- Increased number of primers, decals, or posters included in the Basic Level up to 5x upon request (additional materials may be requested any time during the year at no added cost, so please request only what you plan to use in the next 6 months).
- Access to AMIBA staff with extensive publishing and media experience to help develop customized op-eds relating to the benefits of going local or make appearances in your local media.
- Why Buy Local? bag stuffer or statement stuffer template (with eight different answers to the question on backside), customized with your business name, logo and website. We also can provide a Spanish template and customized versions of other AMIBA outreach tool templates.
- Affiliate-rate registration to our biennial national conference as a participant or exhibitor.
- Priority consideration for media referrals.
- $300 credit toward either AMIBA organizational affiliation for your community organization or a community presentation/training to spark local action.
- License to use trademarked slogans "Come In, We're Local," "Put Your Money Where Your House Is" and "You’re Not A Clone, Why Shop At One?" (in your business' materials only).
- Free customization of any AMIBA-produced ads (more to come soon).
- Listing with your logo and link in new section on the Independent Business Champions page.
- "Come in We're Local" web/email stickers with with a customized rotating panel for you.
- Free phone consultation to assist with your public education efforts or to help advance pro-local policy initiatives.
Eligibility: AMIBA membership is open to independent businesses (including co-ops, worker-owned and community-owned), community-based non-profit organizations and individuals. Please see if you have a local Independent Business Alliance serving your area and join it! If you serve primarily a local customer base, they will provide more direct benefit than we can. If you're with a business that supports our mission, but may not fit membership criteria, please contact us to learn about sponsorship opportunities.
Online: Download and complete the application, save it to your computer and email it to info@AMIBA.net. Submit your dues by credit card via the convenient PayPal option below.
By mail: send a check with your application by mail to the address noted on the form.
Would you like to enjoy a benefit not yet offered? Tell us! Contact us or call us at 406-582-1255 with questions or to inquire about sponsorship opportunities.